Logistics performance index: Competence and quality of logistics services (1=low to 5=high) (World) - 2016
* You can resize and move the map chart by mouse scroll or your fingers.
* Data Description : Data are from Logistics Performance Index surveys conducted by the World Bank in partnership with academic and international institutions and private companies and individuals engaged in international logistics. 2009 round of surveys covered more than 5,000 country assessments by nearly 1,000 international freight forwarders. Respondents evaluate eight markets on six core dimensions on a scale from 1 (worst) to 5 (best). The markets are chosen based on the most important export and import markets of the respondents country, random selection, and, for landlocked countries, neighboring countries that connect them with international markets. Details of the survey methodology are in Arvis and others Connecting to Compete 2010: Trade Logistics in the Global Economy (2010). Respondents evaluated the overall level of competence and quality of logistics services (e.g. transport operators, customs brokers), on a rating ranging from 1 (very low) to 5 (very high). Scores are averaged across all respondents.
* Data Source : Worldbank.org
* By changing the date from the drop-down menu, you can view statistics on maps since 2000.
* You can get better results by holding the screen horizontally on mobile phones.
* Countries with the highest value of "Logistics performance index: Competence and quality of logistics services (1=low to 5=high)" in the World (2016) : Germany(4.27905), Sweden(4.24661), Netherlands(4.21524), Austria(4.18186), Singapore(4.09353), Belgium(4.0706), United Kingdom(4.04508), United States of America(4.01423), Denmark(4.01056), Luxembourg(4.01).