Trademark applications, direct resident (World) - 2015
* You can resize and move the map chart by mouse scroll or your fingers.
* Data Description : Trademark applications filed are applications to register a trademark with a national or regional Intellectual Property (IP) office. A trademark is a distinctive sign which identifies certain goods or services as those produced or provided by a specific person or enterprise. A trademark provides protection to the owner of the mark by ensuring the exclusive right to use it to identify goods or services, or to authorize another to use it in return for payment. The period of protection varies, but a trademark can be renewed indefinitely beyond the time limit on payment of additional fees. Direct resident trademark applications are those filed by domestic applicants directly at a given national IP office.
* Data Source : Worldbank.org
* By changing the date from the drop-down menu, you can view statistics on maps since 2000.
* You can get better results by holding the screen horizontally on mobile phones.
* Countries with the highest value of "Trademark applications, direct resident" in the World (2015) : United States of America(303233), India(250585), South Korea(160026), Brazil(130720), Japan(117956), Turkey(95914), Mexico(90684), France(86964), Germany(65263), Argentina(52208).