Patent applications, nonresidents (World) - 2015
* You can resize and move the map chart by mouse scroll or your fingers.
* Data Description : Patent applications are worldwide patent applications filed through the Patent Cooperation Treaty procedure or with a national patent office for exclusive rights for an invention--a product or process that provides a new way of doing something or offers a new technical solution to a problem. A patent provides protection for the invention to the owner of the patent for a limited period, generally 20 years.
* Data Source : Worldbank.org
* By changing the date from the drop-down menu, you can view statistics on maps since 2000.
* You can get better results by holding the screen horizontally on mobile phones.
* Countries with the highest value of "Patent applications, nonresidents" in the World (2015) : United States of America(301075), China(133612), Japan(59882), South Korea(46419), India(33079), Canada(32687), Australia(26314), Brazil(25578), Germany(19509), Mexico(16707).