Terrestrial and marine protected areas (% of total territorial area) (World) - 2018
* Data Description : Terrestrial protected areas are totally or partially protected areas of at least 1,000 hectares that are designated by national authorities as scientific reserves with limited public access, national parks, natural monuments, nature reserves or wildlife sanctuaries, protected landscapes, and areas managed mainly for sustainable use. Marine protected areas are areas of intertidal or subtidal terrain--and overlying water and associated flora and fauna and historical and cultural features--that have been reserved by law or other effective means to protect part or all of the enclosed environment. Sites protected under local or provincial law are excluded.
* Data Source : Worldbank.org
* By changing the date from the drop-down menu, you can view statistics on maps since 2000.
* You can get better results by holding the screen horizontally on mobile phones.
* Countries with the highest value of "Terrestrial and marine protected areas (% of total territorial area)" in the World (2018) : Monaco(99.4596), Northern Cyprus(96.0128), Palau(82.9424), Slovenia(55.0733), Bhutan(48.0079), Luxembourg(40.8727), Germany(38.7874), Poland(38.0635), Zambia(37.87), Slovakia(37.6304).