Marine protected areas (% of territorial waters) (World) - 2016
* You can resize and move the map chart by mouse scroll or your fingers.
* Data Description : Marine protected areas are areas of intertidal or subtidal terrain--and overlying water and associated flora and fauna and historical and cultural features--that have been reserved by law or other effective means to protect part or all of the enclosed environment.
* Data Source : Worldbank.org
* By changing the date from the drop-down menu, you can view statistics on maps since 2000.
* You can get better results by holding the screen horizontally on mobile phones.
* Countries with the highest value of "Marine protected areas (% of territorial waters)" in the World (2016) : Slovenia(100), Monaco(99.9296), Northern Cyprus(96.3412), Palau(82.9853), Germany(45.3566), United States of America(41.0829), Australia(40.6534), Belgium(36.6512), Jordan(35.2188), Northern Mariana Islands(33.2281).