Annual freshwater withdrawals, agriculture (% of total freshwater withdrawal) (World) - 2012
* Data Description : Annual freshwater withdrawals refer to total water withdrawals, not counting evaporation losses from storage basins. Withdrawals also include water from desalination plants in countries where they are a significant source. Withdrawals can exceed 100 percent of total renewable resources where extraction from nonrenewable aquifers or desalination plants is considerable or where there is significant water reuse. Withdrawals for agriculture are total withdrawals for irrigation and livestock production. Data are for the most recent year available for 1987-2002.
* Data Source : Worldbank.org
* By changing the date from the drop-down menu, you can view statistics on maps since 2000.
* You can get better results by holding the screen horizontally on mobile phones.
* Countries with the highest value of "Annual freshwater withdrawals, agriculture (% of total freshwater withdrawal)" in the World (2012) : Armenia(88.3), Azerbaijan(84.38), Libya(83.19), Paraguay(78.62), Mexico(76.57), Spain(68.19), Cyprus(66.85), China(64.31), Malta(60.4), Australia(59.84).