Population density (people per sq. km of land area) (World) - 2015
* You can resize and move the map chart by mouse scroll or your fingers.
* Data Description : Population density is midyear population divided by land area in square kilometers. Population is based on the de facto definition of population, which counts all residents regardless of legal status or citizenship--except for refugees not permanently settled in the country of asylum, who are generally considered part of the population of their country of origin. Land area is a countrys total area, excluding area under inland water bodies, national claims to continental shelf, and exclusive economic zones. In most cases the definition of inland water bodies includes major rivers and lakes.
* Data Source : Worldbank.org
* By changing the date from the drop-down menu, you can view statistics on maps since 2000.
* You can get better results by holding the screen horizontally on mobile phones.
* Countries with the highest value of "Population density (people per sq. km of land area)" in the World (2015) : Monaco(18859), Singapore(7806.77), Bahrain(1763.3), Maldives(1516.38), Malta(1390.79), Bangladesh(1200.4), Gaza Strip(709.318), West Bank(709.318), Barbados(663.544), Lebanon(638.58).