Rural population (% of total population) (World) - 2018
* Data Description : Rural population refers to people living in rural areas as defined by national statistical offices. It is calculated as the difference between total population and urban population.
* Data Source : Worldbank.org
* By changing the date from the drop-down menu, you can view statistics on maps since 2000.
* You can get better results by holding the screen horizontally on mobile phones.
* Countries with the highest value of "Rural population (% of total population)" in the World (2018) : Burundi(86.968), Papua New Guinea(86.831), Liechtenstein(85.662), Niger(83.575), Malawi(83.063), Rwanda(82.789), Samoa(81.757), Sri Lanka(81.524), Saint Lucia(81.322), South Sudan(80.385).