Refugee population by country or territory of asylum (World) - 2015
* You can resize and move the map chart by mouse scroll or your fingers.
* Data Description : Refugees are people who are recognized as refugees under the 1951 Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees or its 1967 Protocol, the 1969 Organization of African Unity Convention Governing the Specific Aspects of Refugee Problems in Africa, people recognized as refugees in accordance with the UNHCR statute, people granted refugee-like humanitarian status, and people provided temporary protection. Asylum seekers--people who have applied for asylum or refugee status and who have not yet received a decision or who are registered as asylum seekers--are excluded. Palestinian refugees are people (and their descendants) whose residence was Palestine between June 1946 and May 1948 and who lost their homes and means of livelihood as a result of the 1948 Arab-Israeli conflict. Country of asylum is the country where an asylum claim was filed and granted.
* Data Source : Worldbank.org
* By changing the date from the drop-down menu, you can view statistics on maps since 2000.
* You can get better results by holding the screen horizontally on mobile phones.
* Countries with the highest value of "Refugee population by country or territory of asylum" in the World (2015) : Jordan(2808350), Turkey(2541350), Gaza Strip(2104000), West Bank(2104000), Pakistan(1561160), Lebanon(1529220), Iran(979437), Ethiopia(736086), Syria(581113), Kenya(553912).